How to restring a folding and retractable clothesline
Is your clothesline looking tired and need replacing?
After years of hanging heavy and wet clothes, our clothesline begins to look worse for wear and it’s probably one of the last things we think about. Let’s show our clothesline some love! It’s easy to replace and restring, Jack will show you how.
Our Jack Poly Core Clothesline is strong, weather resistant and flexible. Let’s get your retractable and folding clotheslines looking brand new!
What you'll need
You don’t need much to show your clothesline some love. A few simple tools and you’ll be ready to get the washing out!
- 30m fits most retractable and folding clotheslines
- 60m fits most rotary, retractable and folding clotheslines
- Choose from:
- Wire-Core – PVC coated, soft on clothes, with the strength of steel inside
- Poly-Core – Lighter and softer, PVC coated with a tough nylon strand on the inside
- Galvanised – Traditional, multi-strand galvanised wire
Always do a quick measure-up beforehand.
Suggested Jack products
Additional tools & materials
- Wire Cutter
- 2 x Flathead Screwdrivers
- PPE (Safety gloves and glasses)
Your step-by-step guide
Out with the old.
Snip and Remove
Loosen and remove the worn-out saggy line
Time to thread and knot
Knot your line and slot into position.
Make that knot tight. Thread hole to hole.
Lock it in
Run the cord back and forth, make sure you pull really tight, as you go.
Home stretch - Tie it all down
But before you do that, give it a final tighten before tying it off.
Nice and easy and good as new! Happy laundry day!